PVA SCHOOL OF AYURVEDIC MASSAGE & PANCHAKARMA THERAPY
Dedicated to teaching Authentic Ayurvedic programs in Kerala, India. We offer different certification programs which are available through our in class room centers or through distance learning. Our mission is to integrate traditional Ayurvedic wisdom and healing with scientific research. With our one-month training program you will be able to practice most of the Ayurvedic massages and Panchakarma Procedures. If you are interested and have enough time to spend, there are some other advanced courses also. Here we are conducting NINE (9) different training programs in Ayurveda at this center.
Ayurvedic Cosmetology ( 1 week course)
- Introduction of Ayurveda, History of Ayurveda
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda – Basic fundamental principles
- Tridosha Concept
- Pancha Mahabhootha concept
- Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powders)weight reducing treatment
- 100 % Herbal Facial
- Face Massage
- Head Massage
- Foot Massage (Padabhyanga)
Traditional Ayurvedic massages and Ayurvedic cosmetology (2 week course)
1. Introduction of Ayurveda, History of Ayurveda.
2. Fundamentals of Ayurveda – basic fundamental principles.
- Tridosha concept
- Pancha Mahabhootha concept
- Sapta Dhatu
- Abhyanga (Oil massage)
- Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powders)
- Kalari Marma massage
- 100% herbal facial
- Face massage
- Head massage
- Foot massage (padabhyanga)
Traditional Ayurvedic Massage and Panchakarma Therapy (1 month)
2. History of Ayurveda.
3. Fundamentals of Ayurveda – basic fundamental principles like Tridosha concept, Panchamahabhutha concept, concept of Dhatu, Agni etc.4. Basic principles of Panchakarma – (Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Vasti and Rakthamoksha), preparations of medicines needed for each process, their procedure and their application according to the nature of the disease.
5. Philosophical theories of Ayurveda.
6. Concept of body mind and soul.
7. Dinacharya (routine activities according to Ayurveda), Rthcharya, Rathricharya.8. Types of Ayurvedic massages : Procedures of different massages like Elakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves), Navara kizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal rice), Abhyanga (Oil massage), Pizhichil (Oil bath), Podikizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal powder), Udhwarthana (powder massage with medicinal powder), Shiro Dhara, etc.
9. Marma – the vital body points and its importance.
1. Cosmetology (100% herbal facial)
- Face massage and facial
- Head massage (shiroabhyanga)
- Foot massage (padabhyanga)
- Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powder)
- Elakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves)
- Navarakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal rice)
- Podikizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal powder)
- Abhyanga (oil massage)
- Pizhichil (oil bath)
- Shirodhara (Thailadhara, Ksheeradhara)
- Pregnancy massage and baby massage
- Traditional Kalari Marma massage
- Table massage
- Greeva Vasti, Kadi Vasti, Janu Vasti
Traditional Ayurvedic massage, Panchakarma therapy Identification of herbs and preparation of Ayurvedic medicines – 2 Months Course
1. BHAISHAJYA KALPANA: (Pharmacology)
- History of bhaisajya kalpana
- Dravya and its classifications
- Ausdham (medicine) and its classifications
- Adharabhuta siddhantas of bhaisajya kalpana (basic principles of Ayurvedic pharmaceutics)
- Anukta and visesokta Dravya grahana
- Ausadha kalpana
- Rasa, virya, vipaka, karma, and prabhava
- Bhaisajya marga
- Ausadhasevana kala
- Saviryata avadhi
- Ausadha namakarana
- Ausadha samraksara vidhi, (storage of medicines)
- Dravya sangrahana (collection of herbs)
- Detail study of 80 herbs
- Botanical name
- English name
- Parts used
- Swarasa kalpana (juice expressed)
- Kalka (paste form)
- Phanta (hot infusion)
- Panaka (drinks)
- Churna (powder)
- Kwatha (decoctions)
- Arka (distillation)
- Sandhana kalpana (alcoholic preparations)
- Sneha and taila kalpana (medicated ghee and oil preparation)
- Vasti kalpana (preparation of enema medicine)
- Visha dravya Shodhana (poison purification)
- Avalehya (confectionary preparation)
- Vati (tablets)
- Netra, Mukha, nasika and dhumapana kalpana
- Takra and gritha from milk (medical purpose)
Traditional Ayurvedic massage, Panchakarma therapy Identification of herbs and preparation of Ayurvedic medicines Diagnosis and treatment of diseases – 3 Months course
Treatment for Disorders
- Swasthapursha Lakshana (qualities of healthy person)
- Quadruples of treatment (qualities of patient, doctor, etc.)
- Cause of all diseases
- Cause to get diseases
- Roga Anutpadaneeyam (chapters on natural urges)
- Symptoms caused by suppression of urges
- Treatments for symptom produced by the suppression of urges
- Janapadodwamsaneeyam (causes of epidemic diseases)
- Ashta nindhitheeyam (8 types of undesirable constitution)
- Shadkriya kalam (six stages of disease development)
- Pancha Nidana (five aetiological factors)
- Roga vijnanam (origin of diseases)
- Examination of patients
- Chathur vidha pramanas (4 fold principles)
- Ashta vidha pariksha (8 fold principles)
- Trividha parikshathrough (3 fold principles)
- Trividha bala (3 types of strength)
- Trividha oushadam (3 types of therapy)
- Nidra (theory of sleep, merits and demerits)
- Swapna (theory of dreams)
- Speciality of dreams (favourable and unfavourable dreams)
- Shakuna lakshana (pleasant and unpleasant signs)
- Diseases of digestive system
- Diseases of respiratory system
- Diseases of skeletal system
- Diseases of circulatory system
- Diseases of nervous system
- Diseases of metabolic system
- Diseases of skin and hair
- Diseases of females
- Diseases of eyes
- Special diseases
- Detail study and care of pregnant lady
- Care taken and customs followed for a new born
Distance Learning Programme
We are also conducting distant learning program in Ayurvedic Massage and Panchakarma Therapy through e-mail. Students who join this course will get their lessons in Ayurveda through e-mail / post depending on their choice.
This course is of six months duration and is divided into six modules. Each module is again subdivided into 2 parts. Students will get one part each in two weeks internal. At the end of each module there will be a set of questions to work out.
After finishing the six modules, the students will have to submit a paper on the subject of Ayurveda. This unique course is designed in such a way to give a thorough understanding of Ayurveda in about six months. Once the course is complete, the students can also undergo a 10 days practical training at our hospital in different types of Ayurvedic massages at any time depending on their convenience.
If the student wants to continue his / her practice for more time they can do it with a nominal fee. There will be a dedicated Ayurvedic doctors to clear the doubts of the students through e-mail. A detail of the syllabus is along with this mail.
The total fee for the distant learning program is EUR 550/-. An amount of EUR 350/- should be remitted at the time of admission. The balance EUR 200 should be remitted at the time of practical.
Note: Correspondence course syllabus is same as one month regular course.
|YEAR OF 2014|
|YEAR OF 2015|
|1. 1week course- Ayurvedic cosmetology||10:30 am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|2. 2week course Traditional Ayurvedic massages Ayurvedic cosmetology||10:30am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|3. One month Traditional Ayurvedic massage and panchakarma therapy ayurvedic cosmetology||10:30am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|4. Two months Course Traditional Ayurvedic massage and panchakarma therapy Identification of herbs and preperation of ayurvedic medicines>||10:30am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|5. Three months course Traditional Ayurvedic massage and panchakarma therapy Identification of herbs and preperation of ayurvedic medicines Diagnosis and treatment of diseases||10:30am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|6. Ayurvedic cookery & Kerala cookery||4days and 8days courses|
|7. Yoga course||:7.30am to 9.30 am, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|8. Yoga teacher training course||7.30 to 9.30 & 5pm to 8pm, Saturday and Sunday no classes|
|9. Kalaripayattu (kerala martial arts)||4.30 pm to 6.30pm, Saturday and Sunday no class|
Fresh batches start on the first weekdays of every month.
Anybody who have interest in and have motivation towards Ayurveda can join our course. If you are unable to join this time, you can opt for the correspondence course and join the regular course on a later date upon your convenience. The correspondence course also covers the same syllabuses that of regular one month course.
One month regular training will teach you to perform all Ayurvedic massages and the Kerala Specialty Massages (such as Navarakizhi, Elakizhi, Abhyanga, Dhara treatment and Kalari-Marma massages). This training program will also give you an understanding of the basic principles of Ayurveda, Ayurvedic treatments and Panchakarma therapy.
We are based in the beautiful southern state of India– Kerala. Here the climate is very comfortable and people are very friendly (in fact Kerala is the only state inIndia having 100 % literacy).
Our Addressees is as follows.
P.V.A. Ayurvedic Multi Specialty Nursing Home
Onden Road, Kannur District,Kerala State,India– 670001.
THIS IS THE ONLY TRADITIONAL AYURVEDIC MASSAGE AND PANCHAKARMA TRAINING CENTER UNDER WELLKNOWN AYURVEDIC NURSING HOME IN NORTH KERALA
For the Students joining this course, it is not just a one-month course, in fact it is the beginning of a long-term association with our institution. Students will get all support needed for their practice like oils, medicines, technical support, guidance, etc .If you want to have more idea about the institution and the courses you can contact any of our former students mentioned in our web site to know their opinions about the course. We are of the view that there are a number of different Massages in Ayurveda, which you can incorporate with your professions. Please check the detailed information of the course syllabus below and let us know when you are planning to join the course. If you want to have more info or any help please feel free to call me–at any time and we are waiting hear from you.
- Students can stay in our center which is located just in front of backwater.
- All rooms have attached bathroom, 2 single beds or 1 double bed, desk and chair, TV, and closet with private lock. Most of the rooms have sit-out.internet facilities are available in all room with wi-fi connection with free of cost .
If you are interested in joining in the above course, please let us know at the earliest. For more information please feel free to ask and we are happy to help you.
Dr. Poilan (Director and Chief Physician)